Today I discovered this page about the upcoming Silverlight 3.0 and I was really surprised about the ton of new features they are adding in this new release. In fact, reading at the features list it confusing me… it seems to me like I was reading a page with the flash player capabilities.. more or less.
If SIlverlight 2.0 was comparable, more or less to flash 5, I believe ( but I should test it before ) that this new version has quite all the features of flash 10.
- College Application Essay Video Support for Higher Quality
- Live and on-demand true HD
- Perspective 3D Graphics
- Pixel Shader effects
- Do Digital Book Report Bitmap Caching
- Buying Papers Online Plagiarism New Bitmap API
- Themed application support
- http://vedos.samk.fi/?english-paper-piecing-sue-daley English Paper Piecing Sue Daley Improved text rendering & font support
- Deep Linking
- Define Dissertation Prospectus Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Do Filmography Essay Element to Element binding
- Application library caching
- Cheap Cover Letter Binary XML allows communication
- Local Connection
- Rewrite A College Essay In One Day Out of Browser Capabilities
Moreover, dont forget, Silverlight has a couple of advantages above flash: a more powerful vector rendering engine and threads capabilities.
Read the full article here: http://silverlight.net/themes/silverlight/getstarted/sl3beta.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1#whatsnew
P.S. …just because I continued following links around MS pages I also came across a new feature microsoft will add to C#, one of those features I always envy to python: the named arguments. I really find it useful, instead of writing twenty null arguments ( like when you create a textformat… ) you simply call arguments by name.