Luke Bayes and Ali Mills of PatternPark made a presentation for the Silicon Valley Flex Users Group (SilvaFUG) of 9 different frameworks and toolkits for creating Flex applications: Cairngorm, PureMVC, ARP, MVCS, Flest, Model-Glue: Flex, ServerBox Foundry, Guasax, and Slide.
Watch the presentation: http://adobechats.adobe.acrobat.com/p12266504/ See the slides: http://www.asserttrue.com/files/ApplicationFrameworks/index.htmlsource site
- Composition over inheritence
- Liberal use of Interfaces
- Indirection is used but not overwhelming
- Instance members hide singleton references from application code
- MXML views can be extremely thin
- Benefits of Cairngorm, with few of the disadvantages.
click I must admit I never used PureMVC, the only framework I’m currently using is Cairngorm, even if I bookmarked the pureMVC page long time ago promising myself to watch it more in deep. Now it’s time to keep the promise.