PurePDF is a complete library for creating PDF documents using actionscript 3 ( targeted for flash player 10 ).
The project is actually hosted on google code.
This is is a porting I’ve made of the famous java iText library ( version 4.2 ) by Bruno Lowagie into pure actionscript 3.0 (with some little modifications).
iText ( and purePDF ) has tons of features for create and manipulate pdf documents. A quick list of the features actually implemented into purepdf:
- pdf viewers display options
- alpha transparency, blend modes
- arabic RTL writing
- support for pdf text rendering ( example )
- tables ( nested tables, page split tables, table with images, etc…)
- slide show ( page transitions )
- annotations, comments, file annotations
- patterns, shadings patterns (linear and gradient), spot colors, rgb color and cmyk color
- linear and radial gradients with alpha ( example or example 2 )
- forms (user input forms, textfields, combo box, list, checkbox)
- paragraphs, phrases, chunks for text manipulation, chapters, lists…
- images (jpeg, png, animated gif, tif, bitmapdata ) and image patterns
- basic and advanced paths
- afm, otf, pfm, ttc and ttf fonts (embedded and not embedded)
- metadata, page header and footers
- external, internal links
- barcodes creation ( ean-ucc 13, ucc-12, ean-ucc-8, upc-e, pdf 417, ean supplements) ( example )
- unicode, cjk fonts and text
- file attachments
- multi column text
- Embedded movies ( example )
- Vertical text ( see this example )
- and many other features…
You can take a look at this PDF document (self generated using actionscript reflection) with the purePDF APIs.
Other actionscript libraries I’ve used for this project are: fzlib, as3corelib, ashashmap, alchemy, as3-commons.
You can both download the library from source code and compile it yourself ( see at the Installation guide ) or download the precompiled swc files from the project’s download section.
Moreover there are actually a lot of examples to explain all the library features and for a quick guide. You can find them listed and updated here. In General refers to the project wiki for all the updated examples/howtos and the project updates.
update: here you can find the updated online api documentation