Compile skia for android on Mac Lion

Dental Hygiene Admission Essay Some time ago I started to look at skia as possible solution for graphics 2D editing for a native android project I was developing.
Well, even if skia is part of the android system and it’s used everywhere by android itself, trying to include skia in my project was quite an hell..
Looking for resources I just found old examples and tips, and every try was just a failure.. but since android uses skia internally to do graphics operations I decided to look into the android project.

After downloading the skia module from the android git repository I just realized it couldn’t be compiled by itself because it has external dependencies. So next step was to download and compile the whole android source code. Easy task? not at all, at least if you’re on a mac running Lion!

At the end I managed to compile everything and build the skia module as static module, in this way now my project can link the skia library and include correctly the skia headers.

Ok, I don’t have the whole procedure step by step here, first of all because it depends on the android version you’re going to compiled, second and most important because I didn’t write down all the steps 🙂 So this is more a sort of list of notes about compiling android on Lion and a reminder for myself too. ( I was trying to compile android 2.2 using “generic-user” as lunch configuration )

Help With A2 History Coursework

Build Android: http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

To get rid of clearsilver errors: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=993#c27

Java 1.5 version complaining: http://wiki.oneswarm.org/index.php/OS_X_10.6_Snow_Leopard

Find Someone Write My College Paper Well, the first time you’ll try to “ Help Homework Free make” everything probably you’ll get this error:

1
./external/elfutils/config-compat-darwin.h:42: error: static declaration of ‘strnlen’ follows non-static declaration

modify ./external/elfutils/config-compat-darwin.h.
replace:

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
static inline size_t strnlen (const char *__string, size_t __maxlen)
{
int len = 0;
while (__maxlen-- && *__string++)
len++;
return len;
}

with:

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
#if 0
static inline size_t strnlen (const char *__string, size_t __maxlen)
{
int len = 0;
while (__maxlen-- && *__string++)
len++;
return len;
}
#endif

Well, at the end of the process I just edited the Android.mk makefile into external/skia adding a new entry for BUILD_STATIC_LIBRARY and the next command was simply:

1
mmm external/skia

which produced the required libskia.a file to be linked in my project.